Posted by Mr. Mudan Monday, July 6, 2015
Posted by Mr. Mudan Friday, June 19, 2015
Posted by Mr. Mudan Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Posted by Mr. Mudan Wednesday, May 6, 2015
AKR Update APRIL, 2015
Dear AKR Members,
How have you been, everyone? Another month has passed. I am happy to share some news from the AKR, IKYF and ANKF again. As the 2015 AOS is over now we have some cheerful news from the AKR attendees. The ANKF has a new method of giving written questions. The site to find that question is mentioned in the “From the ANKF” section. There is information on the 2015 AKR Taikai and the seminar T- shirts as well. The new IKYF ID cards have been issued and distributed. I hope this edition also helps your daily management of kyudo activities.
Yoshiko Buchanan, AKR President
From the AKR:
1) REMINDER!! You have another two weeks until the test application dead line (5/15) and a month to submit your seminar application form (5/31).
International Kyudo Federation American Seminar (http://sckyudo.com/) takes place from the 27th to the 29th in July, 2015. The SCKR is now providing the seminar info. (See the attached files) The cover letter has the basic and important information including the following items. Please note a few reminders:
(1) The federation president and affiliated groups are requested to compile the IKYF “Seminar Excel application form” and to submit the total applicants from their federation. The excel application form has been distributed by <deleted> sensei this month.
(2) The SCKR is accepting your shipping of equipment. Please make sure to ship your
equipment to the following address:
Date: Seminar: July 27th to the 29th, 2015 (Mon through Wed)
Banquette: July 27th (Mon) (It has been changed from the 28th)
AKR Taikai: July 28th (Tue) The taikai schedule is ready now. Please see the
attachment for your participation. The dead line is June 15th.
NEW: The taikai trophies are made and are gold, silver and bronze.
AKR Board Meeting: July 29th (Wed)
Shinsa: July 30th (Thu) See the “From the ANKF” section for the new shodan category. Shinsa application form site:
I would like to advise everyone that all the testing applicants are planning to fly out late in the evening due to the shinsa schedule. If your flight schedule is tight you may miss either your test or the flight.
Seminar cost: $390 (venue, food and insurance is included, accommodation is not included)
NEW Takahashi Kyugu’s catalogue and order forms have been distributed. Please see the previously emailed note on this matter. If you need the info from Takahashi please let me know.
2) NEW AKR Board discussion and vote:
3) 2015 Seminar T-Shirts are ready!! The Order form is here Thanks to <deleted> for designing and managing this AKR fundraiser T-shirt sale. This year’s color is burgundy and the price is $15. There are mens’s sizes and women’s sizes available. We are looking forward to receiving many orders. Thank you!
The AKR seminar logo was created with the help of <deleted>. We are allowed to use the IKYF logo for the seminar signs, seminar T-shirts and documents.
4) NEWThe Asia Oceania Kyudo seminar is over.
CONGRATULATIONS ALL, GOOD JOB!! Congratulations to those who passed their examinations, especially many congratulations to the new renshi <deleted>. The AOS examination result: shodan 3/3, 100%, nidan 3/3, 100%, sanndan 6/6, 100%, yondan 0/2 0%, godan n/t, rokudan 0/1, 0% and renshi 1/1, 100%
The official announcements have been distributed to the AKR federations and the affiliated countries (5/1/2015).
5) Creating an AKR annual tournament:
6) AKR website lead editor wanted!!
7) Creating a translation committee group
From the ANKF:
1) NEW The ANKF is now providing a list of potential written test questions. I do not have a clear photo of the test questions in Japanese and English. Hopefully the IKYF will provide this in the near future. However, for the time being, a blogger has kindly typed the Japanese and English version of the test questions. Here are some links for you to use:
2) Shodan shinsa category.
The AKR has received the following explanation about the “Shodan shinsa” category. The ANKF has offered the “Mushitei” shinsa until the AKR 2013 seminar however, as of today, the ANKF will no longer offer Mushitei at “CHUO SHINSA”s (translator’s note: Examinations directly governed by the ANKF, for example all Shinsas in the US are classified as “Chuo shinsa”.)
As the “Shodan Shinsa” was offered both in Nagoya in April and also in Europe in July, 2014, the ANKF has decided to offer Shodan Shinsa to the US Shinsa in 2015.
The shinsa information in 2013 indicated “Mushitei” however, this year’s shinsa information indicates “Shodan Shinsa”. (from other email from the ANKF: result of the shinsa will be pass or fail. There will be no “kyu” rank given.)
The shinsa application form that you will find on the ANKF website has a “Mushitei “selection but this indication is for ANKF domestic (in Japan) test applications. We apologize for the negligence of an explanation on this matter in advance. Your understanding is highly appreciated. (Feb. 16, 2015 Miike/IKYF)
(from the ANKF office, Feb. 17, 2015)
Writing the shinsa application form: Except the “Katakana writing” writing the form in English is recommended. It must be hand written by the testing candidate (copied form is not accepted. translator’s note). Additional note like “rissha” and others could be written for the candidates (in Japanese).
審査申込書の記入については、今すぐとは申しませんが、氏名のカタカナ以外は英語でも結構ですので、今後の申込みついては受審されるご自身でご記入いただければ幸いです。 補足事項（立射、その他）などがある場合は、日本語で代筆いただければと考えております。 事務局：三池 2/17/2015
3) Permission for translation has been asked to the ANKF. As of the 31st of Jan 2015 there is no response from the ANKF.
From the IKYF:
1) NEW IKYF ID: IKYF ID cards have been issued (reissued) to those who registered last December. Some of those cards were delivered by the attendees of the AOS in April. The rest of the cards were brought back by one of the <deleted> members and the AKR office has mailed out those cards to <deleted>. The list of the recipients is enclosed, so please check if the cards are correct. In case the descriptions need correction please contact <deleted>.
2) NEW Overseas Special Shogo seminar in Tokyo will take place at the Chuodojo from 10/27 – 30. Details will be announced as it is decided. Tokyo Teiki Chuo Shinsa will take place right after the Special shogo Seminar, 10/31 – 11/2. Meiji Shrine Taikai will take place on the 3rd of Nov. as usual.
2) About IKYF ID to attend the 2015 KYF/US seminar
This article is to answer the question that was brought up by one of the AKR members this month. The question was asking if a member who does not have an IKYF ID can attend the IKYF/US seminar and also if the participant needs an ID even if he is not testing.
The answer is YES. Everyone who attends IKYF events (AOS, IKYF/US and IKYF/EU) needs his/or her ID. However, first time attendees, those who have not yet obtained an ID and those who resume their AKR membership but VALID ID at the time of their event applications; such people will be registered by the IKYF and will be given their IDs or IDs will be renewed after the dead line of the event application.
New IDs will be notified to the countries of the applicants. ID cards will be distributed during the events and the ID card recipients must pay the fee. Each country is responsible to collect the fees. Further details will be sent after the application is closed.
The validity osf the ID is January to December of the year. Those who obtain or renew at this seminar time will carry their ID from April to Dec., 2015, which is shorter than the standard duration, will need to renew their IDs for 2016 if they need to. Your understanding is appreciated.
セミナー申込時には申込書のID記入欄は空欄で結構です。 セミナー申込〆切後に、こちらでID登録をいたします。 新規ID番号（ID発行者）については、各国あてへ連絡をいたします。 セミナー期間中に、IDカードを配布いたしますので、各国事務局は更新料を取り纏めてお支払いください。詳細については、セミナー〆切後に連絡させていただきます。
2) UPCOMING IKYF SEMINARS in 2015: 2015 IKYF American Seminar: See “From the AKR” on the first page. The AKR Kyudo Taikai info has been put up (see the attachment).
3) 2015 and IKYF/EKF seminar in July/2015
Both the seminar and the test application are closed. There will be 2 members from Brasil Kyudokai and two members from the VKR to attend this IKYF/EKF seminar.
Checking in bows and quivers when flying seems to be getting tougher and tougher year by year. One of the AKR members who left for Japan to attend the AOS had to unpack her bow package at the UA check-in counter. She had to buy two boxes to make a long enough package for the bow. It made an extra expenditure of $200 on top of the over-size charge.
It is not a bad idea to ask the airlines that you use about the latest rules of check-in baggage and their oversize rules in advance.
From the EKF: There is no news this month.
From the Affiliates:
1) NEW Kyudo Kai Chile and Kyudokai Austacion – Paraguay will have a joint kyudo seminar in June (21 – 27). I have been invited to instruct the seminar and I humbly accepted their invitation. Those two counties will send their member(s) to the 2015 IKYF/American Kyudo Seminar.
End of 2015 April Edition