AKR Update Dec., 2 015
Dear AKR Members and Friends,
Happy Holidays to all of you. I would like to thank you all for your constant support and cooperation that you showed to the Kyudo community in Pan America through 2015.
Time does fly and this is the last edition of the AKR Update 2015. I hope all of you had a joyful Christmas and are awaiting a bright New Year.
The MNCR has announced the dates of the 2016 IKYF/AKR seminar, which was in fact a wonderful Christmas gift to all of us. I hope there will be more AKR members attending the seminar in Minnesota. There are more activities and seminars in Mexico and South American countries. (There have been some correspondence exchange between a couple of Mexican kyudo groups and the AKR (Blackwell sensei, AKR officers and Maria Peterson sensei). The article that you see in the “From the affiliates” section is a summary of the correspondence and the developments in the kyudo structure in Mexico.
Thanks to your cooperation the AKR roster and the IKYF ID renewal are just about done.
Please share the news in this edition with your members.
Yoshiko Buchanan, AKR President
From the AKR:
1) 2015 AKR Board Meeting Action Item: Status of Foreign Groups has been proposed to the AKR Board for disccussion. The contents have been distributed to all the AKR Board members by the AKR secretary. Please give some time to the proposal and send your decision.
2) 2015 AKR Roster: ON GOING <deleted> sensei is working hard to collect the information from all the AKR federations. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and please do not forget to send the dues to the AKR treasurer.
It is time to update the AKR roster. The info and the details of he procedure have been notified by the AKR secretary. Please read the note carefully and submit the roster + dues payment in time. You are requested to send the IKYF ID renewal fees ($9 per pserson) together with the AKR dues. Note: This AKR Roster update is co-managed with the IKYF ID renewal, so please pay extra attention to submit those different applications.
3) 2016 IKYF/AKR seminar update:
The MNKR is anxiousy waiting for a reply from the IKYF to confirm the seminar dates.
The proposed dates are July 18th to the 20th for the seminar and the 21st will be the examination.
Here is the first announcement of the seminar. Please make sure to share this info with your members:
I am happy to announce the dates for the 2016 IKYF Seminar hosted by the Minnesota Kyudo Renmei. There will be a three-day seminar for all eligible participants from July 18-20th, followed by a shinsa on July 21st. There will be no advanced seminar. However, we are attempting to arrange for an enteki opportunity either preceding or following the event. Stay tuned for details. All details will be available in the MNKR website as they become available. Http://www.mnkyudo.org
I would like to request Blackwell-sensei and Buchanan-sensei to please share this information with our friends in Mexico, and Central and South American countries.
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and Happy New Year to all!!
Minnesota Kyudo Renmei
4) Creating an AKR annual tournament: This topic was unfortunately missed from the AKR Board meeting agenda. However the result of the taikai has been recorded and this record will be helpful when we need to select US team members for the 2018 IKYF Taikai in Japan.
5) Creating a translation committee group
Volunteer wanted! The committee should be able to plan to ask those volunteers to contribute their translation skill and post some articles from the Kyudo Magazine in the future. It will help to make the AKR website more informative and useful. If you are interested in translating articles please contact Yoshiko Buchanan at <deleted>.
According to the ANKF officials they will permit us to work on the articles of the Kyudo Magazine. Due to the copyright of each article we are not allowed to create complete translations of the articles but “Summary of articles” is allowed. How we summarize is the question but there are many capable AKR bilingual members who are willing or interested in translating and contributing their work to the AKR. If that works it would be very helpful to the AKR members to deepen their study.
From the ANKF:
1) Fletching issue Mr. Harada, ANKF office manager, who accompanied the teachers for the 2015 IKYF/AKR seminar briefly, explained about the “Fletching Issue” and what points overseas students should pay attention to. Making a very complex story short, the guideline from the ANKF is that we cannot use the “Ojirowashi (White tail sea eagles) and “Ohwashi (Sea eagles)” at any ANKF events. “Feathers Certificate of Traceability” is available for those who have natural fletchings. Also, besides the above mentioned strictly protected eagles, owners should use this certificate to list the fletching that they are currently using and to carry the certificates with them when they travel.
The federation presidents, shogos and representatives attended this meeting with Mr Harada. Please ask for more detailed information about this issue from the participants of the meeting. Those who attended this meeting are requested to share the information, which will help to prevent any violations in the future.
The AKR office is planning to post the document (English) from the ANKF to the AKR website.
(Not posted yet as of Nov. 30, 2015 due to a technical problem)
From the IKYF:
1) 5th Asia-Oceania Semina (Nagoya): The deadline is getting close!!
The seminar + the Shinsa info. and the Excel sheet seminar application have been distributed to the AKR federations and the affiliates.
Jan 25, 2016 - deadline for Shinsa applications for the 2016 Asia-Oceanic Seminar/ Special provisional Chuo Shinsa to be received by the AKR President (Yoshiko Buchanan, 1169 Minnesota Ave., #5, San Jose CA, USA, <deleted>).
Jan 27, 2016 - deadline for Seminar applications (Excel sheet) for the 2016 Asia-Oceania Seminar (email Excel application to <deleted>)
2) 2016 IKYF ID Renewal: The renewal fee is $9 for this year due to the exchange rate.
Please follow the instructions from Maria sensei and Jannette sensei.
Thanks to Jannette sensei, Maria sensei and Yoshiko sensei all the IKYF ID renewals of the AKR and the affiliated countries have been done. The renewal fee will be sent to the IKYF on the 8th of Jan., 2016. Because this is the once a year clerical job for all of us we tend to forget the procedure. It would be a good idea to keep your own record every year. We, I hope, will get used to doing the work as we repeat it.
From the EKF: From the Affiliates:
1) Development in Mexcio:
Hola a todos,
adjunto una carta donde se extiende una invitación a los representantes de todos los grupos de México (Pachuca, Unam, Teotihuacan, Cancun, Cd. de México) interesados en el proyecto de creación de la Federación Mexicana de Kyudo.
Espero confirmen y podamos contar con su valiosa presencia.
Agradezco su atención.
2) Another seminar in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Paraguay: The first seminar is in Mexico in Feb. Blackwell sensei will be teaching. The second seminar is in Port Alegre, Brazil by Yoshiko sensei from 3/25-27. The 3rd seminar is in Buenos Aires. Kubota Fumiro hanshi 8th dan will teach the Kyudo association of Argentina and kyudo friends from the neighboring countries from 5/25 - 27. Okabe 5th dan is invited by the Kyudikai Asuncion (and the Chile group for another seminar. It is very encouraging both domestically and to the kyudo friends of the affiliated countries.
End of Dec. edition
Wishing you a brighter and prosperous New Year!